Got into the Royal College of Art but have minimal funding. This blog is to document the hunt for money and whatever else is on my mind. truly a Nest if you know how i think

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year !!!

So at the writing it's 5:47am, Jan 02 2005. An hour ago the last of the holiday guests(read only) left for the airport. As soon as athey left and I hit the bed my mind snapped back to attention. It seems as if i basically took the holiday period off when it came to my stuff. My mind was consumed by the festivities and various traditions and revelry. It's funny cause I knew I had lost a bit of an edge but to have it come almost immediately racing back as soon as the door was shut was eye opening. Though I have to admit it has been a memorable month. I gained back some skills in the kitchen and learned a few new things to add to my culinary arsenal. We also pro a very heavy party schedule at work. It's great when you find yourself in a place of like minded individuals. Even better when you share a space but don't directly work with each other. This way no issues of competitions and work strife will get in the way. Family wise too I was able to give and do more than I thought I would be able to. And for that I know it's only through the Grace of God.

WHo incidently took a slight backseat this period. Which is interesting when you think about how most" Holy-Days" at this time are in someways dedicated to God during this time. But though he wasn't as prominent I realize that he is ubiquitous in his nature. So though he was operating very background he was still operating. I definately got caught up in the whole festive period running around. Which was surprising seeing that I waited very last minute to get in to the whole gift buying thing. But again all the merry making at work got me slowly into the spirit.
Work was also generous in giving us(read all employees) both the thursday and friday off for both Christmas week and New Years week. So back to back 4 day weekend gives you a great chance to rest. But speaking of New Years i have to take issue with this day. I realize that it's just an excuse to party and that's nice and all..but without anything real reason to celebrate i find it very empty. How many time do you have to watch the apple drop in times square? Yeesh! This year was very chill. Went to two small house parties that had some very good food and some boardgame playing. It was nice but very subdued. There has to be more to it. Shouldn't there? Does anyone agree with me on this??

So as Snoop said " Back to the Lecture at hand...". Snapping back to attention gave me a chance to run some thoughts through my head and think about some people and things.

First thing First is that there has been a great tragedy in Southeast Asia and i've sort of avoided it. Mentally, emotionally it has been a little too much to take. However i definately send my prayers to the families of those who lost their lives and to the people who are trying to put things right. The response has been fantastic and hopefully we can continue to support them through this. I would rail against the current regime in the United States who responded 3 days later and with a pultry sum that had to be increased not once but twice but the press has done enough and right now is not the time for negativity. That being said todya someone gave me an interesting quote about the situation. "If a professional athlete can sign a 7 year 100 million dollar contract here in the United States then how can a president promise 15 million for such devastation" . I thought that was a pretty poignant statement. So please people pledge what you can and pray for them. Because the images and the numbers( over 100000 ppl dead) shake me to the bone. It's very overwhelming.

Secondly i have recently been thinking about a friend of mine who is having a bit of a hard time. He's sort of in a tough situation. Came to the states on a student visa and sort of had a hard time his last year. Lots of problems and ended up having to leave school with 3 classes left. All because a counselor todl him that he should leave school and work to save money so he can come back and finish. Well I don't want to say how long it has been but he hasn't been able to finish. So now he can't get loans cause he's no longer eligible and his status is tenuous at best. Well now he's in a tough situation so I'm posting this as a reminder to myself and to also ask those of you who believe in such things to pray for him. At the edge of reason we either have the abyss of insanity or the grace of divinity. Let's call upon the latter. Anyway I believe there is true power in this so please keep him in your thoughts.

Thirdly a couple of things that have been runnning in the back of my mind while I have been sipping on muld wine and enjoying various pastries and confectionaries is how to proceed over the coming year. First I'd like to pay off one of my school loans so i can maybe ask for more money. It's not that much in terms of school loans and doubling my payments would have me finished in a good time. Too bad that means getting a second job But there is much motivatiion for it. So i've started looking for it. I don't know what i can do since i haven't worked a small job for like 7 years but whatever it takes right. Also i'll be begging for money yes Paypal will be put upon the oh so small readership of this blog. That being said the worthwhileness of the blog will have to go up. SO i'll be posting pr0n. Ha kidding but i have to work on it. And see what i can do to open up the readership a little. That being said what do you ppl think.??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW ANY IDEAS AND THOUGHTS YOU HAVE ON THIS.. I'm serious!! The timeline for school is 9 months. In 9 months I have to be on a plane flying to london to begin another stage of my life. I'm asking for your help and hope that i can make it worth your while. (p.s. since december was so slack i'll be getting to those drawings starting monday).

And since I'll be getting this second job..whenever I'll be streamlining my life alittle. I'm gonna forgo the gym and take a yoga class once a week. Something that gets me stretching and gives me some core physical strength without the focus on muscle inflation. I'm not that big anyway and you have to play to your strengths. Mine happens to be flexibility. I've also found a studio that lets ppl do walk in figure drawing classes. perfect way to regain some of my drawing technique. Hopefully they have someone there helping u improve.

So it looks to be a busy time coming up. hopefully I can keep it up and accomplish it all. As my friends I truly respect your opinion so please let me know what you think about the little financial issues i brought up. Thanks for reading.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

K

ps applied to scholarship..will post essay here soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home